On the 3rd of December 2013, the Campaign to End Loneliness hosted a free half-day workshop for organisations that support older people to hear about the latest research in loneliness, and learn from each other. Professor Christina Victor, from the University of Brunel, presented on the interim results of her on-going research project looking at how loneliness changes as people grow older
The presentation, and subsequent group discussions, addressed three main questions:
- What factors can help identify people most at risk of loneliness in our communities?
- When do circumstances have an impact, and how can we reach older people at the right time?
- How can we use this information to meet the different needs of lonely older people?
Watch a short film of the event here:
- You can take a look at what our groups discussed here: [download id=”179″ format=”1″]
- Presentation slides are available to download from here: [download id=”180″ format=”1″]
- A video of Christina’s presentation in full can be watched here