We’re a small organisation with big ambitions. We want to end loneliness and we need your help to do it.
There are nine million lonely people in the UK and your donation helps us to make sure that everyone has the friendship and support they need.
By giving just £5 per month, you’ll support a campaign that aims to make connection part of everyone’s life.
How we tackle loneliness in the UK
We work to address loneliness in many ways. These are some areas of our work that your money goes towards:
- Loneliness is a national issue. That’s why we have played a key role in informing the national strategies on Loneliness in England, Scotland and Wales and have been part of a partnership raising the issue as a policy concern in Northern Ireland. We will continue to stay engaged across all part of the UK to ensure that policies address the issue in light of what makes the issue unique in each area.
- We bring influential people together from around the world to share the latest research and learning on loneliness. This includes academics, policy makers, medical practitioners, universities, and government. This network is vital for influencing and making sure loneliness remains a national priority.
- We have raised global awareness of the devastating impact of loneliness. Our 2017 film ‘The Loneliness Project’ has been seen by 85 million people and we’ve doubled our total number of social media followers and supporters.
- Over half of adults in the UK feel it’s been a long time since they made a new friend or connection. That’s why we created Be More Us, a national movement that aims to tackle loneliness through moments of connection. Our launch film, Be More Us has been seen an incredible 100 million times, and the website has tips and stories of how to make connections that matter.
- Businesses and organisations need to take loneliness seriously. That’s why we have created our Learning Programme. Our Learning Programme will show how organisations can tackle loneliness for employees, customers and clients. We can influence companies, big and small, to make changes to their policies and practices and help us to end loneliness.
The Campaign to End Loneliness is hosted by the What works Centre for Wellbeing, a Community Interest Company , who is responsible for the Campaign’s governance and management and employs its staff.
If you have more questions on how we spend our money please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will get back to you.