We’re a small organisation with big ambitions. We want to end loneliness and we need your help to do it.
There are nine million lonely people in the UK and four million of them are older people.
Your donation helps us to make sure that older people have the friendship and support they need.
By giving just £5 per month, you’ll support a campaign that aims to make loneliness in later life a thing of the past.
How we tackle loneliness in the UK
We work to address loneliness in many ways. These are some areas of our work that your money goes towards:
- Loneliness is a national issue. That’s why we employ four Campaign Managers in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. The challenges in each area are unique. Our presence in each nation and region means we tackle loneliness right across the UK.
- We bring influential people together from around the world to share the latest research and learning on loneliness. This includes academics, policy makers, medical practitioners, universities, and government. This network is vital for influencing and making sure loneliness remains a national priority.
- We have raised global awareness of the devastating impact of loneliness. Our 2017 film ‘The Loneliness Project’ has been seen by 85 million people and we’ve doubled our total number of social media followers and supporters.
- Over half of adults in the UK feel it’s been a long time since they made a new friend or connection. That’s what we created Be More Us, a national movement that aims to tackle loneliness through moments of connection. Our launch film, Be More Us has been seen an incredible 100 million times, but we want to build a movement of people who are taking action against loneliness across the UK.
- Businesses need to take loneliness seriously. That’s why we will create a Learning Programme for businesses. Our Learning Programme will teach businesses how they can tackle loneliness for employees, customers and clients. We can influence companies, big and small, to make changes to their policies and practices and help us to end loneliness.
The Campaign to End Loneliness is hosted by Independent Age, who is responsible for the Campaign’s governance and management and employs its staff. The Campaign operates under Independent Age’s charity number. Independent Age is the operating name of the Royal United Kingdom Beneficent Association, registered charity number 210729 (England and Wales) SC047184 (Scotland).
If you would like more information on the breakdown of our finances please read Independent Age’s Annual Report.
If you have more questions on how we spend our money please contact email@example.com and our team will get back to you.