This international webinar on 20 July is an opportunity to hear more from countries around the world about the lessons learnt from their experience in tackling loneliness during a pandemic. The event is organised by the Campaign to End Loneliness with support from the Global Initiative on Loneliness and Connection and is the inaugural event for this new international collaboration.
Who is this webinar for?
This webinar is for you if you are a policymaker or researcher who is interested in exploring the global response to loneliness.
About the event
You will have the opportunity to hear from a number of global leaders (names to be confirmed shortly). There will also be the chance to hear from individual countries around the world about their experience of supporting people who are lonely during a global pandemic . There will also be the chance to discuss the global themes arising from the way different countries have responded to the pandemic and loneliness in smaller break-out groups.
This event also marks the inaugural event from the newly-formed Global Initiative on Loneliness and Connection (GILC). The GILC is comprised of representatives of national organizations committed to addressing the pressing global issues of loneliness and social isolation and to support the dissemination of system-wide, national approaches to building social connection.
You can hear from speakers including:
- Dr Naoko Yamamoto, Assistant Director-General, Universal Health Coverage / Healthier Populations, World Health Organisation on the global response to loneliness
- Dr Ruth Verhey, from the Friendship Bench on the experience of tackling loneliness in Zimbabwe
- Robin Hewings, Programme Director of the Campaign to End Loneliness on the UK’s new report Loneliness after Covid-19
- Dr Michelle Lim, Chairperson of Ending Loneliness Together (AUS) and leading Australian scientific expert in loneliness on loneliness research across GILC member countries
- Edward Garcia, Co-Director of the Global Initiative on Loneliness and Social Isolation on the role of the GILC in tackling loneliness.
For more details on speakers, you can read their biographies.
This webinar has been organised by the Campaign to End Loneliness with the support of the Global Initiative on Loneliness and Connection.
How can I book?
You can book your place here
No comments on this article yet. Please feel free to submit a comment below.
By submitting a comment you grant Campaign to End Loneliness a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin's discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.