Information about our campaign events across the country.
Glasgow Loneliness Summit – Tuesday 6 February 2018
2 Sauchiehall Street
Co-hosted by the Campaign to End Loneliness and Glasgow City Council, come along and hear about innovations from around the UK to combat loneliness amongst older people.
Loneliness has serious public health impacts – it is as bad for your health than smoking 15 cigarettes a day and worse than obesity. Loneliness is not inevitable however. It is down to us as individuals, in our communities – and where businesses, the public and third sectors – can also do all we can together to combat it.
- Kate Jopling, author of Promising Interventions to Loneliness
- Councillor Sue Colley & Tracey Annette from Manchester City Council on their Ageing City approach
- Cathy Steer, Head of Health Improvement, NHS Highlands
- Julia Wilkinson, Locality Manager, Carmarthenshire County Council
- Jos Forester-Melville from HenPower www.equalarts.org.uk/our-work/henpower
- Alexandara Hoskyns, Founder of The Chatty Cafe Scheme www.thechattycafescheme.co.uk
- Brian Sloan, Chief Executive of Age Scotland
- Tressa Burke, Chief Executive of Glasgow Disability Alliance
- Tom Binns, Piano City www.glasgowpianocity.org
- and the Poet Laureate of Scotland, Jackie Kay will help open the event.
Please note this event has now passed. Presentations will be available from the event on this page shortly.